Classic Christmas Ham
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Remove the thick layer of skin from the ham and trim off any excess fat, leaving just a thin layer. Score the fat into a criss-cross pattern and stud the triangles with the cloves.
- Combine the maple syrup, bourbon, orange zest and brown sugar and stir until mixture forms a smooth glaze.
- Place the ham in a large roasting pan and spoon over half the glaze so the ham is generously coated all over. Pour 3-4 cups of water into the base of the roasting pan to prevent the glaze from sticking.
- Bake the ham in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Spoon over the remaining maple glaze and cook the ham for a further 15-20 minutes until it is golden and glazed.
- Remove the ham from the oven and set it aside to cool for 5 minutes. Place the ham on a platter and garnish with fresh herbs of your choice to serve.