Delicious Breakfast Casserole
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC. Grease a 20X40cm baking dish with butter and set aside.
- Cut the Garfunkels bacon into 2cm strips. Heat a large frying pan and cook the Garfunkels bacon till golden brown but not crisp. Once the Garfunkels bacon is cooked, remove with a slotted spoon and add onions, garlic and peppers to the remaining fat.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and switch off the heat.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in 3/4 of the Garfunkels bacon, 1 cup cheese and all the vegetables.
- Cut the bread into 4cm cubes and line evenly on the baking dish. Pour the egg mixture on top and press down gently till all the bread is soaked. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, top the casserole with remaining Cheddar cheese and bacon. Bake for another 15-20 minutes till the eggs are firm and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let the casserole rest for 10 minutes. Slice into squares and serve.