Fried Polony Sandwich
- Heat a small sauté pan on medium-high with olive oil, add the onions and cook until slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- While the onions cook, lightly butter the inside of each bun, place cut-side down on a large non-stick frying pan until lightly toasted.
- Evenly space three small cuts inwards, about 1/2 inch long into the outside edge of the Polony - this will help it from curling up while frying.
- Fry the Polony until browned.
- Place 1 slice of cheese each on 2 slices of Polony and allow to melt.
- Spread mustard and mayonnaise on bottom half of the toasted bun and top with caramelized onions.
- Then stack all the slices of Polony on the onions, starting with a melted cheese Polony on the bottom, then the other 3 slices and top with the remaining melted cheese Polony.
- Place the top half of the bun on the sandwich.